Cepheid - GeneXpert IV
- Fully integrated and automated on-demand molecular diagnostic system.
Improving patient outcomes is the primary goal of any diagnostic system. But our GeneXpert® families of systems have set a new standard in workflow flexibility, 24/7 testing accuracy, and user-friendly design — delivered in an astonishingly beautiful and compact package. But we’ve done more than just repackage a good thing — we’ve improved on the fit, form, and function of the most popular molecular diagnostic platform on the market. GeneXpert System technology is the cornerstone of our unique approach to a molecular diagnostics product suite, which allows us to offer a complete menu of tests on a single, fully scalable, consolidated workstation. The GeneXpert System is available in a one, two, four, or 16-module configuration. All have our proven GeneXpert module at their analytic heart, and use the same patented cartridge technology for every Xpert® test.
Integrated micro-fluidic based system comprised of
• Instrument platform
• Protocols and Controls
• Employ random access fluidic systems that bridge microfluidics with macro fluidics
• Uses multiplex, rapid real-time PCR technique (6-colors)
• Precision of microfluidics-based reconstitution, and simplification of automated filling
• Exploits proven SmartCycler® technology (Incorporate same “solid-state” thermal cycler/fluorometer module)
• Utilize families of cartridges
• No wet interface between instrument and cartridge to eliminate carry-over
• Integrated ultrasonic horn for rapid lysis of spores
• Total internal control of reagent system –
• No separate external positive or negative controls required
• Smart fluidics
• Encoded software driven motors for valve movement and integral hydraulic drives
• Advanced micro fluidics technologies to enable complex sample prep processing protocols
(Many milliliters down to 10 micro liters)
• Automated data reduction and results interpretation.
Currently Dr. Dangs Lab is performing MTB/RIF, BCR/ABL, Clostridium difficile, chlamydia trachomatis/neisseria gonorrhoeae tests on GeneXpert system.